Saturday, November 1, 2014

Friend Paintings #3

This 'friend paintings' business has apparently become a thing I am doing.  There's no attempt at finding them, I just keep seeing paintings that beg to be looked at side by side (or one on top of another).  But the ultimate curator in this realm is Kyle Staver.  If you haven't seen her painting comparisons on facebook, you must.  I'm wondering whether seeing those has made me have a keener eye for it.

Philip Guston, 1976, Hat, Oil on Canvas
Raoul Dufy, 1935, Field of Wheat in Normandy, Oil on Canvas

2 comments:

Peggi Kroll-Roberts said...

I love Kyle's posts. Very thoughtful. Love her allegorical paintings too. Love your work and really enjoy your posts! Thank you!

Aubrey Levinthal said...

Thanks Peggi! Glad you know of Kyle's, they are so great. Thanks for your kind words.

Post a Comment